The latest regulations and requirements are passed by our Department Assemblies in 2022 (download link). The brief summary is listed below:
- Complete your program within 1 to 4 years.
- Complete 24 credits (excluding the thesis).
- Course requirement:
1) Language courses:
a. Four credits of Language courses must be taken (course code: FE, FL) (not count as part of degree credits).
b. Exemption: passing the Intermediate level of the GEPT within 2 years before getting your degree.
2) Academic research ethics course:
One course in Academic Research Ethics should be taken by the end of your first year of studies:
3) Required subject-specific courses:
a. Discuss and check with your advisor (if no advisor, with graduate academic counselor).
b. Complete 2 core courses:
a) For group A (Chemical Engineering): transport phenomena I, transport phenomena II, advanced
thermodynamics, advanced chemical kinetics.
b) For group C (Applied Chemistry): advanced organic chemistry, advanced physical chemistry, advanced
analytical chemistry, advanced inorganic chemistry.
c. Fifteen credits (including 2 core courses) should belong to graduate courses launched by our department in
d. Complete 2 semesters of seminars.
- The requirement of credit transfer:
1)Must be approval by your advisor.
2)The grade of the course completed in previous school must be A- or above or an equivalent grade in principle.
- Thesis related requirement:
1) The subject of thesis should be confirmed by your advisor.
2) The research content should be matched expertise of chemical engineering.
3) Plagiarism check: similarity report of your final draft thesis is required and similarity cannot exceed 30%.
(How to make a report? )
- If you fulfil regulations and requirements above and complete your draft of thesis, you may apply for “the Master Degree Thesis Defense Examination”. The thesis defense examination must follow the related regulation by our school (國立臺灣科技大學研究生學位考試規則).
- You cannot have part-time job in principle.